two.zero.one.two

Started the year right! Spent some personal time with my Savior, Jesus Christ. :)

Today, I will start anew. New devo style, new discipline to a better me by God's grace.

2 Chronicles 1:10 says "Give me wisdom and knowledge..." I am now 100% offering my 2012 into the hands of my all-powerful God. ♥

2011 was a year of "come-back" and I feel so blessed to have been revived at the 2nd half of the year - in that short span of time, I could say that I really enjoyed the essence of life (though it felt like more than 6 months).

I especially would like to maximize this opportunity to thank my Lord for allowing me to experience a totally eventful 2011. May I just point at some of the highlights:

January was the "Trial Month" because every week, I and my college classmates experienced several trials from hold-ups, theft, work problems and worst, the death of our beloved Mel John. Thank you Lord for using those trials to strengthen us and to keep us tight. In losing people and things, I realize that You are enough for me. Though I still miss MJ from time to time, the comfort of knowing and believing that I have a BIG God to fill in the emptiness is more than enough.

In February, I lost another special person in my life. I considered it a loss, but then again, later on I realized that God was just saving me from a lot of pain ☺ I still thank God for giving us a few months to make each other feel "happy and loved" and to teach us lessons that we would not learn from other people. It was good while it lasted. I also want to thank the Lord because he is now happy and contented. Now I'm just praying for his salvation - may God use me or any other person to reach him by any means.

March, April, May and June were the TRANSITION months. I was physically challenged. A week after the ice skating-bonding with my college friends (March), I started to recognize a localized pain in my right knee. I didn't mind it at first. But time went by and my knee's condition began to get in the way of my daily function. Stepping down the stairs had become painful and more painful day by day. I believe that I have a high tolerance for pain so I ignored it for almost one month. It just took one Saturday afternoon for me to realize that my condition needed more medical attention. After that first check-up, I continued my usual dailies. I even joined "Run for Japan", with the thought that the pain may go away if I would give my muscles a little more stretching. After the run, there was pain but I just took the medicine prescribed by my first doctor. To cut the long story short, I have undergone physical therapy, medications, MRI scans and all.

I was not scornful for the condition of my right knee because in between the various medical treatments that I had to go through, I came across the Lord. He used my condition to turn my life 180 degrees positive. I can say that the most unforgettable day of my 2011 happened last August 6, during our company activity in Subic. Weeks before that company activity, I promised God not to drink any alcoholic drink anymore; but lo! I wasn't able to purge myself from it and had 2 bottles. That day, August 6, was the day that I felt God's discipline. God is truly alive because He allowed me to feel pain - again - for not keeping my promise. I immediately thought "grabe, pinalo ako ni Lord" at the onset of falling hard - literally - and experiencing unbearable pain. From that day on, my conviction and belief in God's greatness had hardened like a diamond ;)

After that instance, the Lord had worked in my life marvelously and more marvelously week after week. He gave me responsibilities which I never thought I will ever come across with - music ministry and small group while serving other people through my secular job. Only by God's grace that it became possible for me to juggle everything at once. Yes, I've had my share of plenty glitches in all the responsibilities but the thought of having a Sovereign God keeps me up.

Up until now, the Lord's greatness could not be contained in this tiny brain of mine. He has shown me how BIG and Mighty He is. Have you seen that greatness, too? :)

Comments

Popular Posts