BIG Testimonies of God's Glory

I guess it is safe to say that it is trending but whatever other people would call it, I perceive them as BIG testimonies of God's amazing grace.

"CHRISTIAN ATHLETES"

On Manny Pacquiao
The boxing champ had declared his renewed faith and had started testifying to the greatness of God in his life. He claims to have given up his old sinful ways and has been living a life that would glorify the Lord. I haven't heard his complete testimony but based on the stories I've heard and as I have seen in his recent TV programs, I have seen how much he desires to share the Word of God to other people in every possible way. I could just be amazed on how God is revealing Himself to many people through Pacman - and praise Him for opening Manny Pacquiao's heart  into His grace abound. The Lord's omniscience is truly indescribable - imagine using a world renowned boxer to testify of His love for mankind; that was just like melting all the ice in the north and south poles to immerse the entire earth in water. Whew!

On Jeremy Lin
I am pretty amazed by his boldness in declaring his faith. Being in NBA is big in itself and the Lord had just saturated it through this guy. LINSANITY until now has been resounding in all forms of media. Upon hearing his testimony, I could not help myself but to be astonished by God's grace in his life. His gratefulness and love for the Lord is too inviting, that if I am not a Christian, I would start to get curious about this wonderful and powerful God that JLin has been talking about. He speaks of the Lord's orchestration in his life that led him to NBA; the best part of it is that he plays basketball every day for the Lord alone and not for anyone else.

***
The emergence of these two BIG testimonies have sparked an idea in my mind: who will the next BIG guy? Will it also be an athlete, a celebrity or a politician? Will he/she be as bold as Pacman and JLin?

Let's watch out! God is now working BIGTIME, showing us that His power could not be contained; it is limitless and overwhelming. He can use anybody to show everyone that He is concerned about every single person whether we respond or not.

1 Samuel 14:6
"...Perhaps the Lord will act on our behalf. Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few."

Comments

Popular Posts