Marveled at the Speed of Light


I had some insights while I was waiting to catch a good shot of a lightning strike. This has been a long time dream and finally, God gave me this awesome photograph- an advanced birthday gift. I know it cannot match the more wonderful shots of other photographers but, yeah, I am determined to catch a better shot next time! A better exclamation of God's glory by the skies.

It took me more or less 30 minutes and endless failed attempts to capture this one which gave me the idea that the experience itself can be related to love.

What constitutes a successful lightning strike shot? Patience, physical strain (if you don't have a tripod, you'll need to hold still the camera the whole time), patience, patience and more patience, disappointment when you missed lightnings, excitement, precise timing, lots of failed shots, perfect location, anticipation, awestruck person. Sounds familiar? We can attribute those things to love, right? Yes, not just with love but also with the things we want to achieve.

Matthew 6:21 [ESV] says, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Do we rush to accomplish our hearts desires or do we patiently wait for God's plan to uncover itself before our own eyes?

True enough, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.

Comments

Popular Posts