The Lesser of Two Evils

DISCLAIMER: We use different lenses for every situation and this is my take on the apparent issue. If you have a different view, you are free to air them out in your own space. Remember, you are not obliged to accept and/or agree with what I have written below :)


I never thought I would ever use that idiom for a blog entry but I am taking this opportunity to express my thoughts about a recent "showbiz" issue. I don't normally write my thoughts exhaustively especially under such circumstances but this one has sparked some realizations that cannot be contained and left unsaid.

"There are two sides to every story."
"Don't judge."
"We do not know what really happened."

--Just to cite a few unbiased words from the barrage of statuses I have read in social networking platforms when the news broke and names were dropped by the more prominent individual.

Here they are: a prominent showbiz personality (VN), a young lady with some showbiz and modelling stints (DC), and some other men involved in the beating. The antecedent situation, as narrated by VN, was a "friendly encounter" in a condominium unit. I have watched and read the transcript of VN's interview. What came to my mind is that if you are traumatized, more often than not, your memory of the traumatic incident is not supposed to be as detailed as how VN remembered it (You can read the transcript of his interview to see the "details" I'm talking about). Because of this, I have doubts regarding the authenticity of his statement but yeah, this is just my two cents.

Anyway, the subject of concern here is the extent of influence that this issue has. Several names of persons and institutions have been carried into this controversy and the ugly truth is that we do not even know who is telling the truth. To take it on a lighter note, I would like to believe that this incident has something for everybody to learn. As for me, it is counting the cost before taking action. Maybe this would not have happened if both of them considered the consequences of their "friendly encounter". Both of them must have lost something to this episode in one way or another but it is undeniable that both are at fault, too. It's just that VN has the celebrity's advantage over DC. If she also had the celebrity status, the story may have turned out differently.

The media has all the power to keep this issue alive and the netizens have an even greater power to fan the flames of this dissension. Now, will you take side with the lesser of two evils or will you resolve to take on your own issues in life and just let truth reveal itself?


Let us choose to be wise, fellow netizens :)
Exodus 23:2 Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd.


***
To DC, who is allegedly involved in the issue, if ever you would come across this blog entry, I just want to tell you that I can't imagine the kind of thoughts and emotions you are experiencing right now. I have known you for being a strong-willed person. My hope is that you will be able to handle this well. Whether the allegations are true or not, it's going to be hard to get back up. When your name is googled, the top results would show news related to this commotion you've gotten yourself into. And by the looks of it, this trend will not die down very soon. Just remember that God is a God of many chances. You can always begin the remake of your life from His grace. Look up to Him before deciding to act on this issue.

PS. DC is known to me by name and a few school-related personal encounters. I am not a reliable source of information if you are interested in her personal life.

Comments

Popular Posts