Lost and Confused to the nth Power

If you're a twenty-something feeling lost in the middle of your so-called yuppie (young professional) life, I encourage you to keep on reading. Not in the twenty-something's? You're also welcome.

Honestly, this entry has been drafted since December 2013 and apparently I have been blessed to complete it just today, May 28, 2014. Five months had to pass before I could get enough inspiration to finish this. Why did it take that long? I'm gonna tell you, ONLY GOD KNOWS. (At the time of posting,  which is today, January 6, 2016, I have decided that this blog post shall remain a confusing piece of writing, true to its title. Just pick up what you can get from here and comment below if you have anything to say. And thank you for trying to read this in the first place! PS. By the grace of God, I entered 2016 with no feelings if being lost and confused. Thank You, Lord!)  

When I wrote the title, started typing, deleting, retyping and finally just saving the first paragraph, my mind was wreaking havoc. I was facing so much mental stress at that moment and all I wanted to do was to arrive at a favorable situation. When people feel down or agitated, the natural tendency is "fight or flight". Normally, I would fight, but at that rare instance, I just wanted to escape from all the confusion and the feeling of being "lost".

Now let me begin with confusion. It came to me like a strong blow to the chest causing so much pain knowing that I failed to meet my expectations for myself. Do you agree that confusion arises when things don't follow the usual way?

Young professionals, by this time, already have a full knowledge of who they are, what they can do and where they want to be - this is a fact of life, but not for everybody! And I was one of those who, in the middle of being sure about certain plans and treading onto the supposedly desired path, suddenly felt confused because things did not go the way I expected them to go. I had questions like, "I know I want this but why do I seem to perform below standard? Way below my typical way of delivering results when I love what I do."

It is true that God allows a time for us to experience His grace - grace moments that make us realize that we do not hold our past, present and future, that they're all in His hands. 


Here is a brief summary of the 27-day reading plan that God used to clear things up for me (take it on a first-person POV):

1. My purpose makes others think about God
2. God made me good at [insert talent/s] for His purpose.
3. My skills should make others think about God.
4. I keep my eyes open for clues to my purpose.
5. God will make me strong so I can do my purpose.
6. List down three things I am good at: 1) _________  2) ___________  3)_________
7. God gave me something special to care about in accordance to His purpose.
8. My purpose makes others praise God, too!
9. I will always turn to God's Word to find my purpose.
10. God teaches me about my purpose. He brings me back to my heart's battle cry.
11. My purpose helps others.
12. God's Word heals my heart so I can do my purpose.
13. God will make the path to my purpose straight.
14. I will do my purpose while trusting God.
15. I will hide God's Word in my heart.
16. LISTENING TO GOD = changes our perspective


Comments

Popular Posts