Your Choice

"Your choice." This is what she always hears from me whenever she asks for my "expert" advice about decision-making. In this life, one thing that every person should know is that we are entitled to and are supposed to be responsible for our decisions.

Now that she is celebrating her 18th birthday, everybody says "legal na". Let me tell you this, reaching your 18th year marks the beginning of expectations that you will make better (that being Spirit-led) and more "matured" decisions. But find comfort that every decision you will make in the future will only depend on one factor: will it glorify God? Regardless of what you'd hear from the people around you (even myself ^_^), keep in mind that you were not kept alive for 18 years (and will be journeying around for God-knows-how-many-more years) to live for men. ;)

My dear Saiya, please know that I love you so much. Sure na ako ngayon na malakas talaga ako kay Lord dahil binigay ka Nya sakin para maging disciple. It is in our stars... chos! But yes, I am truly blessed. While I was listening to your mom's speech yesterday, I caught one particular statement that I know I also need to tell you. This is my version of it - Thank you because there are lessons in life that I would not have learned if I never met you. This is real talk - no drama. God showed me that His power in discipleship is immeasurable. Just hearing your friends' birthday messages gave me the confirmation that the best investment will always be that one with eternal value - and that investment shall be made in life of another person. You and the girls have become God's motivation for me to stay closer to Him (you know, discipler duties - setting a good example, being strong in the faith, staying focused in Christ and whatnot - all because once I falter, my testimony is at stake. That's the bittersweet truth about discipleship ^_^). And YOU, yes, you! You have been God's tool for me to become more prayerful, deeply prayerful, down in my knees. Alam mo na kung bakit! I wouldn't tell the world why. LOL! But that's one of the main reasons why I love you.

Now for the birthday wish. Two things:
1. That you will forever cling to God (Please, kay Lord ka na lang maging clingy. Hahahah!)
2. May you always meet people and experience things that will make you feel that God is real.

I have here, by the way, a little gift for you. Open this link and tell me what else you'd like to see in this site:

GOD IS REAL

Like what I have been telling you, I'm not good at writing "nobelas"  so this is where my message ends.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAIYA! You are showered with God's blessings! Cherish them all and live life to the fullest - you can surely do that by God's grace!


Comments

Popular Posts