Jeremiah 1:5



‭Today's verse of the day is also the #votd last year May 28th. It brings back a wonderful memory that changed my life.

Last year in May I went to Thailand for a Herbalife conference and to spend a few more days to explore the ministry of Life Development International. Throughout that trip, I had been praying and asking God if my desire to serve in Thailand is from Him or it's just me. When I woke up that Sunday morning of May 28, I saw this verse on my Bible app. It felt like a pat on the back from God assuring me that I am exactly where He wanted me to be at that very moment - that each second of my life had been assigned by Him even before I was formed in my mother's womb. What a beautiful verse, right? But that didn't end there. I had to hear it clear, I needed a confirmation from God. So I told Him that if the verse would be repeated within the day by any means, I will take it as His "YES" to my desire to serve in Thailand. We went to Chiwit Mai Bang Bua Thong for the church service. At that time I was with a team from Messiah College. After the service, we were in a small group discussion with the young professionals of the church. We shared our experiences during the trip and what God had been teaching us. We all had verses from the Bible that we held on to as we went along. Mine was Joshua 1:9 because when I almost got lost in Bangkok with a dead phone and barely no Thai language skills, I just trusted His promise that He will be with me wherever I go. I wasn't afraid to get lost. ^_^ After sharing my story, the student next to me (shout out to Paula) shared Jeremiah 1:5. By that time you can imagine how shocked I was. I had to ask her if we had the same Bible app, maybe we just had the same verse of the day. But she said no, it was the verse that God gave her even before she left the Philippines with the team. So with that, I pursued every step that God has led me to take.

This is my testimony of God's faithfulness when He said in His Word that those who ask will receive, and those who seek will find, and to those who knock it will be opened (Matthew 7:8).

Comments

Popular Posts