God answers prayers

July 15, 2010 - at around 9:00 A.M. I received a call from the HRD of Vista Land and Lifescapes, Inc. It came to me as a surprise because during that day, there was still power outage (FYI, the blackout started on the 14th due to typhoon Basyang) and my cellphone is out of battery - so I used my brother's phone! I was asked to report to their office at 3:00 P.M. for a second interview. The truth is, my preparation for this interview was quite drastic; I could not remember how many times I changed my outfit since I was too conscious about the impression I could give to the HR Head who was to conduct the interview. Finally, I decided to wear a blouse that I got from my Tita Orie.


While I was on my way to the office, the HR sent me a text message and said that my interview was moved to 4:00 P.M. I had no problem with that because I actually needed some time to look for a cellphone charging station and an internet cafe. I arrived at the site at around 2:30 P.M. which meant that I had a lot more spare time (and I used it to do as I have planned). Then 15 minutes before the schedule of my interview, I proceeded to their office. For almost 2 hours, I waited until the HR Head arrived at the office and until she was done with her other businesses.

The temperature inside the office was really low which made me think if I am nervous for the interview or is it really just too cold (haha).

The interview was very extensive and informative: I suppose it lasted for more or less than an hour. One of the most memorable answers that I gave was in response to the HR Head's question that went like this - "After knowing all the responsibilities of the HR group, do you still want to be part of it?" My answer was "Yes, Ma'am. After you have discussed the tasks of the HR, I got excited about it!" And guess what was the reaction of the interviewer? She was sort of shocked. I'm not sure, but maybe it was the first time she encountered an interviewee who got excited about LOADS of work. Well, I'm not overrating myself: it's the truth! Most probably it came out of my longing for the "busy life", which I have been missing for the past month. I really really miss my kind of life! That one which requires me to "go the extra mile" (just like what my HR Head had been talking about). That makes me alive!

Going back to my story, after the second interview, I was immediately forwarded to the final interviewer: a senior officer in the HRD who (I think) had the "deciding factor" of whether or not to give me a chance to be hired or rather, the one who decides if I am fit for the HR (and if I wasn't, then I might have been assigned to other departments such as Marketing or Sales Admin). Fortunately, after a short but critical interview, the HR Head pronounced to me the GOOD NEWS - I got the job! [if I could jump in joy, I really would have done it in front of her!]

Finally, I was handed the endorsement for a medical check up and the list of requirements for employment. By the time that I post this entry, I am already OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED. I am not anymore counted in the percentage of unemployed Filipinos. What a great life!

Thank you Lord for making it happen!

Comments

Popular Posts