SAW God :)

Swift | Awesome | Wonderful
These are the words I can use to describe God's work in my life. Not enough, yes. God's greatness is beyond human comprehension and definition. At times I dared to understand and define, I had no other response but to fall down on my knees in prayer. Cherishing the Lord's presence in my everyday life gives me direction and pure reason for everything.

Psalm 34:7 says "Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart." For a mere creation (that's us), this verse spurs hope and faith. It minimizes our human capacity and maximizes God's power.

Let me just share God's most recent lesson of humility for me.

I have been offered to take part in two new ministries (Life Circle and Worship Staff) in addition to my current assignment as a Stage Director in FFBC Antipolo. The thought of being involved in more ministries excited me instantly. Time went by, I began praying for ministry direction. My mind was set in choosing either to "drop one" or "take both". Then came a lot of thoughts that I ended up worrying about the unknown. My desire is to be a very good testimony for the Lord in anything I do. With that, I had these questions running in my mind for a week or so:
*If I'd drop one, how would the persons who invited me feel? What will they think of me?
*What if I took both and after some time, I could not meet the demands of one ministry anymore?
*If I would be required to sacrifice a considerable amount of time from my work to perform well in my ministry, how will I compromise?
*Will I really be used well and extensively by God in these ministries?

My immediate action was to pray for the answers to those questions. I've been praying and praying and waiting for signs until yesterday, God used the counsel of very special people (You know who you are ♥ I thank God for your lives! ☺) to make me realize that I have not been confident in His greatness. His perfect timing always gets in the way on the verge of our emerging self-centered nature, zapping us back to basic - humility. All of my questions boiled down to one solution:

Proverbs 3:5-7 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil."

What's left for me to say is this: I submit every piece of me to You, Lord. Use me in any possible way for the expansion of your kingdom and for the exaltation of your ever Mighty and Glorious Name, Jesus. Amen.


♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular Posts