who will I vote for?

Last night, I received a message in Facebook from Lara Zaldivar (a friend from the Lasallian Youth Commission; a member of the School Publication of De La Salle Araneta University).

She asked me this question: "As a Lasallian what characteristics should a candidate possess to get your vote?"

And I answered:

"As a Lasallian leader, I would vote for a candidate who could bring about progress and improvement to the country. I also believe that it is indispensable that our leaders could best represent the Filipinos to other countries. Intelligence and previous accomplishments are plus factors. Nonetheless, a candidate who remains dignified, who gives importance to honesty and who presents himself/herself well would definitely get my vote. A leader's character is crucial especially in our country's degenerating situation where some people tend to rely on "superheroes" who can instantly transform Philippines into a "first world" country. Too subjective it may seem, but I still believe in the power of intra-personal inspiration or powerful positive influence. Indeed, our country needs leaders who can ignite the spark of hope in the Filipinos' minds and hearts."

Comments

Popular Posts